The role of the Plant Manager is to champion our organizational core values and provide effective leadership across the facility to enable our teams to produce high-quality products and pursue relentless executional improvements. The Plant Manager is responsible for coaching and developing their management team to maximize the output of both human capital and highly automated equipment in the plant.
What We Do:
We provide the design and construction community with inspiring architectural products for thoughtful spaces.
The Longboard head office and principal manufacturing facility are located in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Situated in the Fraser Valley, just 60km east of Vancouver, Abbotsford is a quickly growing, diverse and family-friendly city with a lot to offer! Our brand new state-of-the-art modern corporate office and manufacturing facility features a fitness center, available electric car charging stations, and is in close proximity to Highway 1 for a quick commute from anywhere in the Lower Mainland.
Here at Longboard, we value every team member, offering full benefit options including health/wellness spending, employee assistance, RRSP matching, a profit-share program, and frequent team-building events as well as playing an active role in our community. Join a workplace where you can grow, be challenged, and become part of our team atmosphere.
What You Will Do:
- Champion a culture of safety throughout the plant, ensuring safety policies are followed to allow us to achieve an industry leading safety record.
- Provide positive coaching, leadership, and create development plans to motivate managers to achieve departmental goals and KPI targets.
- Proactively analyze production data to understand trends, identify gaps, and map out future action based on real-time data.
- Work collaboratively with the QA Director to effectively track and create action plans to reduce waste NCRs.
- Aid the Continuous Improvement team to ensure new technologies and processes are smoothly integrated into all operations processes.
- Maintain a first class, clean, and safe work environment with a positive, engaged culture.
- Collaborate with People and Culture to ensure the plant has sufficient skills and human capital to maintain operations and meet future growth needs.
- Ensure SOPs are followed in order to maintain ISO compliance.
- Stay current on all certifications and regulations including but not limited to AMMA, regulatory permits, technical knowledge, and Occupational Health and Safety protocols.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience working in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years experience leading at a senior level.
- Degree in Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience leading a production facility and high-performing teams. Must have ability to motivate others and work collaboratively across the organization.
- Familiar working with and leading Occupational Health and Safety policies such as Dupont STOP program or similar LTIF tracking.
- Highly competent in and able to coach in TOC, LEAN, 6s and manufacturing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse team.
- Strong financial acumen with experience in creating budgets and estimating ROI on projects.
- A proven track-record of effectively overseeing OHAS and CI programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in a production line.
- Ability to identify opportunities, make actions plans, and follow through on the execution.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to remain calm and focused under production, shipping and project deadlines.
- Familiarity with Powder Coating and Aluminum Extrusion along with a comfort working with new software programs including ERPs, File Systems and G-Suite Products.
- Experience with ISO, ICC quality management system standards.
- You lead with humility and put the well-being of the team above your personal aspirations. You strive to create a sense of belonging for everyone on your team by linking them with Longboard’s vision, values, and core strategies.
- You get people excited about projects and being part of the team. You are able to champion our core values and lead by example.
- You seek to foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships. You treat all staff with respect, regardless of position or level of authority.
- You have the tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when encountering challenges or setbacks.
- You understand that leadership involves coaching those around you and providing them with the opportunities to grow their experience and skills so that they can develop themselves to their full potential.
Working at Longboard is fun, rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging. Our team is Innovative, Passionate and Dedicated to bringing the best products to the market and to provide Radical Client Care, Relentless Executional Improvement and Revolutionary Product Development.