Financial & Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan
Position: Legal Counsel, Litigation
Employment Type: Permanent Full time Contract
Who We Are:
The Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) protects consumer and public interests and supports economic well-being through responsive financial marketplace regulation.
The Securities Division within the FCAA regulates the investment industry (specifically, the sale of securities and derivatives) in the province. Our work is fundamental to the economic well-being of Saskatchewan. We protect investors through registration, disclosure, audits, complaint handling, and enforcement activities.
What is the Opportunity:
The FCAA is seeking a determined and driven litigation lawyer to join the Securities Division. In this position, you will put your legal acumen to the service of your community, enjoy work-life balance and flexibility, and do challenging and motivating work.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about protecting Saskatchewan businesses and investors and motivated to seek accountability against bad actors. An interest in securities and derivatives, capital markets, administrative law, and financial regulation would be an asset.
You will support the Enforcement Branch in the Securities Division and lead administrative hearings before hearing panels of FCAA, attend court as required, and provide legal support to the Securities Division as needed. You will work closely with management, staff and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate:
· Has a university degree in law and membership in, or qualification for membership in, the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
· Has comprehensive knowledge of contract law, corporate law, and administrative law.
· Has experience in conducting civil litigation, regulatory proceedings, or criminal prosecutions.
· Shares our passion for administrative law and public policy formulation.
What We Offer:
· Competitive compensation. The salary range for this position is $7,129 -$13,736 monthly.
· Comprehensive health benefits including life insurance, medical, dental, extended health plan, and long-term disability.
- Employer sponsored pension plan.
- Highly specialized training opportunities throughout North America.
- Positive workplace, strong corporate culture.
- Career growth potential.
- Excellent work-life balance, including the potential to work remotely.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
To join the FCAA team, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing Date: September 27, 2023
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $7,129.00-$13,736.00 per month
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Regina, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-27