Lawyers and Human Resources Manager
Key Murray Law is the largest independent law firm in Prince Edward Island. We are an Island-based team of lawyers and professional support staff who are committed to creating value for our clients through the delivery of innovative, consistent, and dependable legal services. We are an experienced and dedicated team who provide our clients with effective and efficient legal services. Proficient in many legal disciplines, we are equipped to advise and advocate for our clients in many matters, forums, and areas. Our firm provides clients with the strength of a global alliance and a team with a local focus from multiple locations across Prince Edward Island. PEI locations include Charlottetown, Summerside, Mill River, and Souris.
In addition to providing leading legal services across the Island, we are steadfast in our pledge to play a positive role in the future of the communities and organizations of Prince Edward Island. This fundamental vision is bolstered by a continual commitment to the philanthropic traditions of Key Murray Law.
A Legal Assistant works to help Lawyers with their delivery of legal services under their supervision. The duties of this position include completing legal administrative work consistent with the requirements of a Legal Administrative Assistant.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Draft legal documents in multiple legal practice areas, including but not limited to Family and Corporate.
- Provide Legal Administration support to lawyer(s) as directed and delegated, including document processing and client scheduling.
- Provide additional and enhanced support to lawyers on matters of estates, estate planning and fisheries transactions.
- Organize, maintain and manage legal files and the BF (Bring Forward) system.
- File documents with any applicable court systems.
- Act as a liaison between the firm and clients, providing clear and timely communication on the status of transactions.
- Communicate with third parties as required, including government officials, lawyers, other legal assistants, and paralegals, to complete tasks required of the position.
- Basic administrative tasks, using Microsoft Office Suite and Firm technology.
- Successful completion of a Legal Administration program, or compatible experience
- Strong competency in the usage of MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Accurate and efficient data entry and keyboarding skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible, reliable and works well in a team environment; and
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Salary and Benefits
Salary starting at $35,700 per annum, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Key Murray Law provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Life insurance and Accidental Death
- Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Continuing Professional Education
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Group RRSP
- Travel Insurance
- Staff Billing Bonus Program
Salaried Position: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
This position will require occasional after hours, or extended hours based on activity of the firm.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $37,500.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Summerside, PE C1N 5Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person