Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career as a Manager with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals to assist individuals, and businesses with a wide range of accounting, audit, regulatory, and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with engaged professionals who are respected in their fields
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
- Use your strong leadership skills to make a difference and participate in decision making and development of strategic solutions
As a Manager, Assurance [Privately Held Business Group] your responsibilities will include:
Be Grant Thornton
- Leading and executing client engagements under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
- Contributing to new business development by understanding all Grant Thornton services and by using your credibility in the field
- Acting as a leader in the business unit, service line, and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
- Maximizing engagement profitability by effectively utilizing engagement resources
- Analyze and review of corporate and personal income tax returns, reviews and compilation engagements
- Planning and leading teams to ensure that client expectations are exceeded
- Supervision and mentoring of an accounting team, including the review of files
- Leading through the coaching and performance management process of the practice by providing ongoing feedback, conducting timely performance reviews, and delivering training to develop team members
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Assurance [Privately Held Business Group]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- CPA designation is a strong asset.
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting or related industry strongly focused in tax and accounting
- Experience working with owner managed clients within a public practice scope
- Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
- Commitment to quality, excellence and continual professional growth for yourself and for those you manage
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, including exceptional interpersonal skills to earn the trust and confidence of clients and colleagues at all levels and influence decision-makers
- Strong management skills, especially in areas of scheduling, organizing, supervising and multi-team managing
- Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?