We are a woman owned and led law firm specializing in tax, corporate, tech and trust law. We are located in beautiful Port Moody and have a strong national and international client base. We love using technology to create efficiencies but our focus is on building and maintaining lasting personal client relationships. Our team is at the core of our business. We genuinely like and support each other, which is why fit is very important when we are considering candidates for any role with our firm.
We are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join our team. This is a full-time and permanent position. The job location is hybrid, half in office and half from home.
Who are you?
You are a team player who is client service focused, organized, and able to work independently at an advanced level. Your technical skills are complemented by emotional intelligence. You are a life long learner and problem solver. You have a dynamic and innovation-driven personality with a “take no prisoners” attitude and a great sense of humor. You take pride in your work and are eager to learn new things.
In sum, you are an excellence driven badass!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring of junior paralegals;
- Research, creation, development and maintenance of all corporate related precedents;
- Preparing corporate documentation for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations, name changes, changes in directors and officers, alterations to share structure and articles, amalgamations, continuations, restorations, dissolutions, transparency registers and other related transactional tasks;
- Assisting lawyers with tax driven transactions including the preparation of closing agendas and legal documentation relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including, among others, section 85 rollovers, section 86 share exchanges and private mergers and acquisitions;
- Preparing and filing documentation for creation of and/or updating of partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada;
- Preparing and filing documentation for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations;
- Preparing dividend documentation (ineligible, eligible and capital);
- Preparing documents with respect to redemptions, repurchases and all other share transactions;
- Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct record book deficiencies;
- Conducting Provincial and Federal corporate and due diligence searches;
- Creation and maintenance of virtual record books; and
- Taking on other responsibilities as required.
Here’s what you bring to our team:
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Completion of a paralegal diploma is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent document drafting skills;
- Good technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, BC Online, Corporate Online, DocuSign and Clio is an asset;
- A strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented, with superior organizational skills, who constantly delivers accurate and reliable work;
- A team player, who is positive, professional and helpful;
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and guidance;
- Solid knowledge of ALF corporate database;
- Knowledge of ALF coding for creation and maintenance of ALF corporate templates is an asset.
We offer competitive compensation, extended health benefits, paid for small group personal training and other perks that are in the works!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity in a progressive and supportive environment, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Moody, BC V3H 2A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- BC Corporate Paralegal: 5 years (preferred)
- BC Law Firm: 2 years (preferred)
- ALF Corporate: 3 years (preferred)
- Paralegal Certificate from BC Institution (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Port Moody, BC V3H 2A6