Dentons is designed to be different. Our firm leads the way in a rapidly changing legal marketplace. We challenge the status quo and deliver consistent results as well as uncompromising quality and value to our clients. Our global presence is renowned with over 20,000 individuals in more than 200 offices across 82 countries.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2023); Alberta Top 75 Employers (2023), Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2023); Mansfield Rule 4.0+ Certification; Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards, North America 2021; and Canada Law Awards for Pro Bono Initiative of the Year 2021.
This role is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
We have an opportunity for an energetic, customer service oriented full time Office Services Assistant for our dynamic fast paced Vancouver office. The position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and is scheduled to work 9:00 to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday in the office.
The primary role of the Office Services Assistant is to work within a team, providing high level customer service and supporting the office with a variety of administrative functions including scanning, document management and general office services support.
- Processing large photocopy, scanning and print jobs
- Knowledge and operation of photocopiers, printers, fax machines and binding equipment, identifying problems, changing toners and arranging service calls
- Sorting, scanning and distributing incoming mail and preparing outing mail
- Assisting with setting up boardrooms for meetings and firm functions
- Maintaining the tidiness and general cleaning of kitchens and boardrooms/ordering and stocking supplies
- Inventory and maintenance of office supplies
- Binding and assembling documents
- Providing reception relief including booking boardrooms, answering the switchboard and greeting visitors
- Preparing workstations for new hires and assisting with internal office moves
- Flexibility to work overtime occasionally
- Assisting with other projects as assigned
- 1 to 2 years of administrative and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures and MS Office applications
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while handling a high volume of work
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with operating office equipment such as photocopiers
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative when required
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting, bending, carrying (up to 40 lbs.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Has the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Legal office experience would be an asset but not required
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Join a firm that is recognized as one of the top 100 employers in Canada (2023) & Alberta Top 75 Employers (2023)!
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized fitness program
- Various social events and activities throughout the year
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at [email protected].