Labourer - Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Ottawa - Immediate Openings
Badger Daylighting is currently looking for Assistant Hydrovac Operators to join the team. As an Assistant Hydrovac Operator you will be required to operate our specialized on-board hydro-vacuum system, while providing safe, customer-focused services to our customers.
Training will be provided for people with a desire to succeed.
To become familiar with “A Day in the Life at Badger” please visit Badger’s Careers Page.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization and general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and to demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Must be able to follow direction and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and time and attendance.
- Properly document all Company, Federal, Provincial and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum “G” license
- Safety certifications preferred (eg. First Aid/CPR, C.S.T.S, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space, OSSA and Ground Disturbance).
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
· Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
About Badger Daylighting
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. We are publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.58-$28.71 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: