ABOUT CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Child Development Institute (CDI) is a leading children’s mental health agency in the City of Toronto offering a range of services to approximately 3,000 children ages 0‐12, youth ages 13-18 and their families each year. Our mission is to promote and support the healthy development of children and to strengthen the families and communities in which they live. We provide four streams of service to families in need: early intervention, family violence, healthy child development and specialized mental health services for children and youth with learning disabilities.
We are seeking a goal-oriented, collaborative, and trusted Systems Administrator to join our dynamic IT Services team. Reporting to the Manager, IT Services, the Systems Administrator, will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day operation, support and maintenance of the systems defined within CDI IT Services.
The ideal candidate will act as the first point of contact to handle support requests and issue, including set-up and troubleshooting technical issues, logging all incidents properly, and following up to ensure all issues are resolved.
What the role is all about...
- Provide IT support related to technical issues onsite and over the phone, creating and closing support tickets, resolving technical issues, performing equipment setup, data centre monitoring, and working with office staff in various technical roles.
- Manage network servers and assist the Manager with VM server migration to Cloud.
- Responsible for designing and executing test cases on system builds and/or enhancements, recording results of tests, and the resolution of issues.
- Identify, develop, and configure solutions to address business requirements and usability concerns, and document solutions at all levels of project work.
- Identify and escalate incidents and problems to other team members or external developers as needed.
- Provide support in key technologies: Apple and Android operating systems, Windows Server and Desktop OS, LAN, WAN, Telephony, Exchange Server, SQL Server, MS Office, Office 365, MS Dynamics, Backup Methodologies, Mac OS & Various Types of Office Equipment, and the maintenance of applicable database systems.
- Design, test implement, and validate scalable and reliable cloud solutions and infrastructure using AWS, Google, Azure, etc
- Develop and update internal and external technical support documentation (e.g., manuals, guides, training slides, help sheets, FAQs) from a technical writing perspective.
- Record, categorize, and log requests for service, and follow up with ticket owners to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Develop cost-effective computing and storage infrastructure and conduct quality assurance testing as required.
- Test and implement technologies and best practices to enhance existing and develop new cloud services.
- Assesses quality assurance-related training needs and develops internal training materials. Train other team members if needed
- Participate in project walkthroughs, business requirements gathering, design walkthroughs, functional test plans, and implementation sessions.
- Proactively investigate/troubleshoot database, technical, and systems problems and recommend corrective action.
- Assume other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
What we hope you will bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer-related fields
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in back-end and general IT support including Web/Cloud VM server migration: design, maintenance, and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Strong knowledge of modern Web/Cloud technologies (Azure VM/ Azure Share/Azure Blob; Azure Backup) including service-oriented architectures, REST APIs, virtualization, security and compliance
- Experience with database stored procedures and ETL layers and object-oriented programming (NET)
Skills, Attributes and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., ColdFusion) and Microsoft Server Technology (e.g.; Windows / SQL Server)
- Strong knowledge of ‘Software as a Service Solutions (SAAS) and experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with an ability to handle pressure situations in a help desk environment.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments within tight timeframes to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals, and projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest operational and technical challenges.
- Be a dedicated and flexible team player able to interact with team members, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful manner with groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- On-site, in-person from Monday to Friday.
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible hours, evening work and travel may be required.
- Travel to other service centres as required
- All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Credential verifications & References required.
- As a condition of employment, you are required to provide updated COVID vaccinations in compliance with CDI Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
We thank all interested parties but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Child Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value inclusivity & diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including.
Child Development Institute is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Child Development Institute will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- system administration: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person