Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever- expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for evaluating and assessing the creditworthiness of potential and existing clients. They play a crucial role in determining the level of risk associated with extending credit to a particular client and make recommendations to approve or decline credit applications.
- Analyze financial statements, credit reports and references to evaluate the creditworthiness of clients.
- Assess the level of risk associated with extending credit to a particular client
- Review and verify the accuracy of financial information provided by clients
- Make recommendations to approve or decline credit applications
- Monitor and report on the creditworthiness of existing clients
- Work with Senior Manager and with other departments to determine credit policies and procedures
- Communicate with clients to gather additional information or resolve any credit-related issues
- Act as backup to the Senior Manager, Credit & Collections
- Respond to queries from internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested.
- Perform other duties as required by the Senior Manager, Credit & Collections
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of related experience
Languages & Core Competencies
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
- Proficiency in French, an asset
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong understanding of financial reports and credit analysis
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to work with large amounts of data
- Problem solving
- Priority-management and ability to manage time efficiently
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial analysis software
- Moderate knowledge of other Microsoft Suite products (Outlook, Teams, Word, etc.)
- SAP knowledge an asset
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will enjoy access to excellent benefits and incentives, including:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Profit Share Program
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% of employee's 4% contribution)
- Company Share Purchase Program with 10% Company contribution match
- Career advancement opportunities
Stella-Jones is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Stella-Jones makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.