In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As a graduate, you will benefit from an 18 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
BNP Paribas in Canada | Students & Young graduates
The position at a glance
- Provide first line user support through training, research, and responding to general queries and works closely with Front-Office, IT Operations, users in Finance, Risk and other Finance and reporting systems teams.
- Understand and analyze the business line’s needs in one or more functional areas, with the aim of developing the appropriate and sustainable solutions that are consistent with the entity’s strategic plan and the associated portfolio of requests.
- Ensure that the solution meets the requirements set out to cover the business line’s needs.
- Act as the contact person within the project or maintenance teams and for the business line in relation to data and functional aspects.
- Liaise with the user community and assist with functional and consultative support to users.
- Investigate and assist with the resolution of functional issues raised by the user community or linked to the daily batch report.
- Assist with the facilitation of communications between team members, business units, IT. and PMO organization in multiple geographical locations.
- Contributes to preliminary studies in liaison with the business line.
- Helps, where appropriate, to monitor the portfolio and prioritize requests within the scope of activity.
- Clarifies, performs critical and constructive analysis and, where appropriate, compares the business line’s needs against the entity’s strategic plan.
- Helps with defining, formalizing, and obtaining approvasl of the requirements set out to cover the expression of need in collaboration with the contributors involved, in accordance with the entity’s practices.
- Helps with the test activities within the functional scope.
- Supports the business line in carrying out user tests.
- Contributes, in conjunction with the business line, to change management and roll out for the end customer.
- Helps to identify business line impacts generated by the solution and with the development of action plans.
- Assist with reporting in accordance with the operating rules and practices defined for the scope.
- Helps with the coordination of user communities.
- Build partnerships with assigned development and stakeholder teams.
- Assists with rriting technical or functional specifications, perform workload, and risk analysis related to these solutions.
- Raise and manage tickets for the users via the use of an online ticketing tool.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Bachelor’s degree or relevant Master degree, business, accounting or information technology (or international equivalent)
- Minimum 1 years of work experience in the field of accounting and / or accounting system and / or implementation in the financial services industry
- Accounting background in CIB Business
- Strong analytical, management and problem-solving skills
- Creativity & Innovation/ Problem Solving
- Client focused Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- IT knowledge
- Business/ IT relationship
- Customer Relationship, Management and Strategic Commercial Coverage Architecture
- IT Tests
- Experience of working in a support function.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working at 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada | Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **