CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT INTERN PROGRAM (CPAIP)
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on
nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking qualified individuals who intend to obtain their Chartered Professional Accounting designation and are graduating by
April of 2024 or who recently graduated.
Our Chartered Professional Accounting Intern Program is an exciting professional accounting training program with diverse career
opportunities. You will join a comprehensive accounting training program that will provide our interns with challenging assignments in
the field of Accounting/Finance designed to develop your skills and prepare you for a future professional career as a Chartered
Our Program consists of a variety of rotations within the Accounting/Finance functions over a period of approximately 36 months.
While employed in the Program, trainees will be given work assignments that will assist them in their transformation from an
academic setting to a professional business environment. While progressing through the Program, you are expected to achieve your
professional designation from the Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba.
Opportunities for exposure may include the following:
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial Advisory Services
- Asset & Operations Accounting
- Project Financial Services
- Financial Planning
- Rates & Regulatory
- University of Manitoba 4-year Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Degree with an Accounting/Finance major;
- University of Winnipeg 4-year Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with an Accounting concentration; or
- Equivalent 4-year University Degree
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $29.14-$39.05 Hourly,
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY