MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
The Manufacturing Operations Administrator will work with both the manufacturing and purchasing team to launch jobs into production, update existing work orders, run manufacturing reports for the operations team, and assist in maintaining accurate data collection. This position will report to the Manufacturing Administration Manager to ensure all departments have the correct information and documentation needed to operate at maximum efficiency. The scope of understanding for this position is as follows: an understanding of manufacturing terminology and processes is needed, the ability to connect generate and understand manufacturing reports, and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter and track all customer PO/sales orders, incoming repairs and daily follow up of work order production schedule.
- Manage receipt of all received goods and maintaining all inventories (raw materials finished goods).
- Generate Operational reports, on daily and weekly basis as well as maintain databases.
- Verify all orders and other shipments prior to outbound shipment.
- Prepare all supporting documents (shipping labels, customs declarations, product tags etc.).
- Assist in printing job packet information and labels.
- Coordinate with other departments on orders to be made and ensure that all items required for production are available in a timely manner.
- Contact transport companies to obtain transportation rates for various shipments.
- Manage front door switchboard, all incoming mail and its distribution.
- Maintain the filing system, other presentations and other documents on a regular basis.
- Develop process documentation, work instructions, and standard operating procedures (SOP) pertaining to process flow and operational interactions.
- Maintain the filing system of product technical specification and quality assurance reports.
- Advise management of all low inventory materials (to be re-ordered).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in Microsoft Office environment - strong Excel and Word experience.
- Experience with ERP systems; specifically, Microsoft Business Central is an asset.
- Experience working in a Jewelry, Retail or Manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task while still maintaining attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Bilingualism (English & French).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 2 years (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person