Sequence Bio is a Newfoundland and Labrador-based biotechnology company conducting genetic research to discover the true biological causes of disease.
We collaborate with the people and medical professionals of Newfoundland and Labrador, and partners with leading pharma and biotech, to help accelerate the development of better preventions, treatments, and medicines for global unmet medical needs.
Overview of the Role
The Operations Coordinator is the backbone of our office headquarters in St. John’s, NL. They ensure our office space is organized, functional and ready for optimal use. While providing executive assistance to our CEO, they are eager to learn about the different functional areas of our company, and add value on a range of strategic, administrative and operational duties. They are a proactive problem-solver with exceptional organization and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
The Operations Coordinator thrives on helping others, learning, and taking initiative to anticipate needs and seek solutions independently. Flexibility and adaptability are key to success in this role. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to expand your growth and join a passionate team of people working to change the future of healthcare, please apply with us!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with experience managing and supporting a leadership team and/or office.
- Ambitious, creative and striving to make a valuable impact in their community.
- Proactive and motivated self starter who consistently seeks to iterate on current processes and build more effective/efficient systems.
- Solutions focused.
- Discreet and experienced handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives on helping others succeed and improve.
- Ability to anticipate needs as well as potential solutions.
- Highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy, including Slack, Google Suite, Asana and others.
- Maintain the office headquarters as a productive and effective workspace; welcome guests, accept deliveries, and coordinate office operations.
- Manage inventory and ordering of office and kitchen supplies, lunch catering, snacks, etc.
- Support the CEO through calendar management and administrative functions as required (drafting/proofreading emails, documents, stakeholder communications, presentations, etc.).
- Be a culture champion by role modeling our core values and coordinating team events and activities.
- Assist HR in recruitment, training, onboarding, and other supportive functions.
- Assist in bookkeeping and other duties associated with the general accounting function (i.e. general ledger, accounts payable, expense reporting).
- Assist with academic and policy research; drafting, review, and document control.
- Coordinate company travel.
- Provide general administrative and office support to team members as required.
- Must have access to a vehicle for business purposes as driving will be required.
- Other duties as required by your team lead(s) or the executive team.
Position(s): Full Time
Location: St. John’s, NL
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Benefits: Flexible and generous PTO policy, progressive health and wellness benefits plan, competitive stock option plan, learning and development resources, volunteer time, and more.
Working at Sequence Bio
Ethics, Privacy & Security
Ethics, privacy and security excellence is rooted in everything we do at Sequence Bio. We are transparent about our information sharing policies and practices, and are committed to returning benefits to Newfoundland and Labrador. All our employees must uphold the company's commitment in all they do and champion the company’s ethics, privacy and security mindset to ensure we maintain our best-in-class approach.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sequence Bio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB), and recognize the importance and value of a diverse workforce. We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation, during any stage of our recruitment process, please share with us how we can best assist you.
Culture and Benefits
Sequence Bio is one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2023! We were selected because of our commitment to employee benefits, our flexible people-first policies, training and development opportunities for our team, our leadership in gender diversity, and much more.