Organisations don't innovate, people do.
As part of our digital transformation business, you’ll help clients unlock innovation, embrace the future and change communities for good.
And we’ll help you stimulate new thinking, accelerate your career and connect you to projects that really matter.
Join our team of over 600 data scientists, design problem solvers, immersive digital consultants, project managers and innovators, all working to build positive change for generations to come.
About the Job:
The Cloud Administrator will design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune virtual machines, network infrastructure components and a suite of platform applications and custom solutions while ensuring high levels of service availability. The role requires strong foundational knowledge in hosting technologies and techniques for automated provisioning and management of a distributed cloud environment through scripting.
What you will do
- Responsible for provisioning, managing, monitoring, and decommissioning cloud services, ensuring their availability and reliability
- Implement and manage cloud infrastructure components, including load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
- Deploy and maintain Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) resources to support hosted products and solutions
- Develop and implement highly automated solutions to enable continuous and rapid deployment of consistent cloud resources, optimizing operational efficiency
- Investigate and resolve production issues promptly to minimize downtime and ensure system reliability
- Implement cloud-specific monitoring techniques and establish robust web services hosting solutions.
- Collaborate with DBA to optimize database systems that support our hosted products and services ensuring data integrity and high availability
- Collaborate on disaster recovery and business continuity planning, ensuring that products and services meet RPO and RTO requirements
- Maintain comprehensive documentation related to the web infrastructure, deployment processes, and configuration management
- Proactively monitor and optimize server and application performance
- Align cloud services with best practices, organizational standards, and compliance objectives, ensuring the integrity and security of cloud resources
- Collaborate with the Security Operations (SecOps) team to establish and enforce best practice security controls within the cloud infrastructure
- Work with cross-functional teams including DevOps, Development, and CX teams to deliver exceptional SaaS experiences to our customers
- Participate in on-call rotations to respond to incidents and ensure 24/7 availability of services
Formal Education and Training:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent area of technical study or related field
- Azure Administrator Associate designation or equivalent preferred
- ITIL v4 Fundamentals certificate preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Process and detail-oriented with great documentation skills
- Ability to explain protocol and processes with technical teams and management
- Knowledge of web hosting best practices and IT operations
- Current with industry trends, ability to research emerging technology and make recommendations
- Proven experience as a Cloud administrator, Systems specialist or Administrator, or similar role, preferably in SaaS hosting environment
- Ability to develop automation using PowerShell or other scripting methods
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong expertise in web server technologies and frameworks such as MS IIS, Apache, and .NET
- Strong system administration (Windows and some Linux) at the command-line level
- Strong understanding of database management, DB structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Bash, PowerShell, or Python for automation tasks
- Experience with templates and other configurable items to enable automation
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC): design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, especially Azure services relevant to web hosting
- Familiarity with Service management tools like Atlassian JIRA and Service Now
- Knowledge of security best practices for web applications, including authentication, encryption, and vulnerability management
- Solid understanding of database management, including SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools to track and respond to performance and availability issues
- Foundational understanding of CI/CD concepts and processes
Tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way.
We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you build a lasting impact.
See where your dedication could take you with GHD.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.