Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is a Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Our focus is on helping clients from construction and infrastructure, commercial litigation, insurance, real estate and business seize emerging opportunities and find solutions to complex legal problems.
Operating on a national platform, the Firm has almost 60 lawyers in two offices (Vancouver and Toronto) and provides a wide range of legal services including the following key practice areas:
Construction and Infrastructure Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Commercial
- Wills & Estates
- Entertainment Law
- Workplace Law
Singleton Reynolds is currently looking for an Legal Administrative Assistant Floater to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will work with the Legal Administrative Assistant team and provide overflow support, vacation, and sick day coverages. They will work with a wide array of Lawyers and Paralegals and will be responsible for a variety of legal administrative tasks.
- Provides clear, concise and complete oral and written information.
- Drafts correspondence and legal documents.
- Maintains all administrative functions, including file opening/closing procedures, maintains the calendar, books appointments and manages bring forwards.
- Performs complex editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, reports, forms and spreadsheets.
- Arranges examinations for discovery and trial dates.
- Manages work volume and juggling priorities while supporting a demanding practice.
- Manages a high volume of paper correspondence.
- Ensures deadlines are met and limitation dates are adhered to.
- Completes time entries and billings.
- Sorts incoming mail and preparation of outgoing mail.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Willing to learn and undergo in-office training specific to the role
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of database management.
- Computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Internet, Case Management Software, and Time tracker software.
- Previous litigation experience and ICBC defense experience would be considered an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong time management skills.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and support colleagues and work independently.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage work volume and competing priorities.
- Team player; can work both collaboratively as well as work independently.
- Sound business judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- High degree of accuracy in work product.
- A strong orientation towards delivering a superior standard of service.
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility in work with ever shifting priorities.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer a matching RRSP Program, a fitness subsidy, and an annual education/tuition allowance.
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to our careers page: https://www.singleton.com/join-our-team/careers/.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.
Singleton Reynolds is committed to developing, implementing, and maintaining best practices and strategies to enhance equality, diversity and inclusion. We make this commitment at all stages of the employment life cycle, through recruitment, retention and advancement.