Who is Imaginet
For 25 years, Imaginet has helped some of the largest companies and brands from around the globe with their software and innovation needs. We have been recognized as the #1 Best Small & Medium Business in Canada by Aon-Hewitt and award winner for our DevOps expertise particularly around Agile/Scrum/Kanban adoption by Microsoft. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we specialize in custom application architecture and development, data engineering and business intelligence, SharePoint and Microsoft 365 solutions, and managed services and support.
Imaginet’s core values reflect the people who work here. Our Imagineteers take pride in creating results-driven practical solutions. Every day, we continually work to improve ourselves and the software processes that drive our clients’ solutions.
About the role
Imaginet does not sponsor work visas or offer relocation fees. We will only consider candidates living in Canada or the US. Must be a Canadian or US citizen, permanent resident, or have a valid work permit. Travel to and from Canada and the US may be required. We will only consider candidates seeking full-time employment. No part-time, contract or Corp-to-Corp applicants will be considered.
What you’ll do:
- Rock our client’s expectations. Whether you’re gathering business requirements, brainstorming solutions for clients, recommending changes, or taking the lead during scrum - your positive attitude will make our clients feel like their needs are met and exceeded.
- Learn on the fly. You’ll learn new systems and work with cutting-edge technologies. You’ll also modernize legacy systems and create solutions directly with client teams.
- Get S#!T done, together. You’ll work with teams of developers in analyzing, architecting, and developing new software solutions for our clients.
- Get it done right. You’ll perform continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments so you can ensure we’re using best practices and ensuring that clean, quality code is being delivered.
- What you’ll bring to the team:
- At least 3 years of significant experience in development and implementation.
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or Development.
- Work effectively within timelines and delivery requirements.
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams and clients, and can clearly communicate your ideas.
- Passport and are willing to travel for work.
- Must live in Canada or the United States.
- Experience with the following tools: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, SQL Server, Azure DevOps, Git.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in: Angular, React, Vue, Azure, AWS, Entity Framework, Experience with modernizing legacy systems, testing frameworks and patterns (Unit, integration, end-to-end, etc.), Kendo UI, Agile/Scrum, ETL Framework, and coaching or team leadership.
Imaginet’s top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our teammates, their families, and our communities. We have always supported working from home and are committed to being responsive and flexible to our staff needs with respect to the business continuity of our clients and Imaginet. We are now cautiously returning to office and, in certain limited cases, visit our clients where it is necessary and safe to do so.
Imaginet has clients world-wide, most in North America, and not necessarily located locally. Short-term travel to our client’s location may be necessary when it is safe and within public health guidelines. Travel is usually not more than a week per month (on average) and generally less than five weeks in a year. Work-life balance is important to us, and we always try to accommodate both our employees and our clients. For some projects where our clients are local, we may work in their offices for most or all of the project.
Why work at Imaginet
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the many dimensions of diversity. We offer a flexible work environment that counts your passion and performance, not which hours you’re sitting at your desk. Whether we’re working in the office or from home, our hybrid workplace empowers everyone to do and be their best.
Personal development, balance, and competitive compensation are important to us. That is why we offer extended health benefits, remote working, continued learning and growth opportunities, and a ‘promote from within’ policy. Working at Imaginet is more than just a job. Be part of an open, collaborative, and supportive community that encourages you to stay motivated, challenged, and fulfilled. To learn more about why you should work with us, visit Imaginet.com/careers.