Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
Founded over 175 years ago, Labatt is one of Canada’s founding businesses and its leading brewer. We are proud of our history and our heritage in Canada, and we remain committed to brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Labatt has created exciting experiences with consumers through iconic brands like Budweiser, Bud Light, NÜTRL, Michelob Ultra, Corona, Stella Artois and many more. Through our broad portfolio, we are truly a national brewer, with over 3,600 employees, a portfolio of more than 60 quality beers and beyond, and 10 breweries from coast-to-coast, we are proud to serve Canada and the communities we call home.
About the role
- We’re looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join Labatt’s External Affairs and Communications Team to help us continue to plan and deliver meaningful, engaging and impactful communications.
- Leads and/or supports country's internal and external communications campaign planning, which consists of internal engagement, media relations, public relations, corporate reputation and issues management.
- Supports Senior Directors in business units on internal and external communications and issues management, as well as providing counsel on regional activities, etc.
- Provide innovative ideas to help improve strategic plans and tactics. Recommend changes as needed and be agile to implement changes as they occur. Evaluate effectiveness of communications through analytics and post-execution evaluations. Incorporate lessons learned into current and future projects/programs.
- Provide strategic partnership and leadership with communications agencies, inspiring them to execute courageous creative and strategy to build brand love and reputation impact (PR agency, creative agency, etc.)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including our Executive Team, senior leaders and corporate services colleagues to build strong relationships and provide them with effective communication advice.
- Contribute to Labatt’s external communications, including media and social media working closely with external agencies.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of internal and external engagement events.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- A University Degree in related area (public relations, communications, journalism or equivalent)
- Minimum 5-7 years (either agency, corporate or a combination) of working in a communications role ideally both internal and external communications.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management and advise on key communication strategies and how they support the business objectives.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a proven track record of developing communications materials that make an impact.
- Strong ability to juggle multiple priorities, manage a high volume of work, and deliver quality communications under pressure.
- Good team player, with strong organizational skills, willingness to flex and support priority work as required
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Labatt is a place where our people can bring out the best in themselves through a collective purpose of creating A Future With More Cheers. We are always looking to serve up new ways to meet life’s moments, dream big to move our industry forward, and make a meaningful impact in our communities. We believe in brewing up a future that everyone can celebrate and share.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Labatt Breweries of Canada, we are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to maintaining a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for every person – regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, neurodivergence, or disability status.
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE?
Labatt Breweries of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
**Labatt Breweries will never ask you for money or reimbursement of training fees as part of our recruitment process. Any email communication you receive as part of the application or onboarding process will come from a @Labatt.com email address. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the recruitment team at
Instagram @ labattbreweries
LinkedIn @ Labatt Breweries of Canada