Are you looking for a dynamic work environment where being part of a team means something? If so come join us here at Kirby Law Firm.
Kirby Law Firm located in Point Edward, Ontario is seeking a Legal Assistant/Law Clerk focusing on family law, in a full-time position at an organization that is big on constant learning and development.
- Preparing legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including applications, responses, and other pleadings.
- Assembling case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and submissions.
- Proofreading, drafting, editing, and preparing legal documents and correspondence (including motion records, pre-trial/mediation memos, pleadings, affidavits of documents, etc.)
- Opening and closing files, tracking deadlines, and following up as required
- Engaging in continuing education opportunities and sharing that gained knowledge with the team
- Experience with family law an asset
- Successfully completed law clerk/paralegal training program or other post-secondary education, preferably in law, or equivalent experience
- Valid drivers license with access to vehicle an asset
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with clients, team members and counsel through phone, email and in person.
- Proven professionalism and client confidentiality
- A great attention to detail; with the ability to do thorough research
- Team player, self-starter with a professional approach in all job responsibilities
- Must work independently with little supervision
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and legal software
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with clients, team members and counsel through phone, email and in person
We are equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants to apply; all reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person