The Public Employees Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness leads the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA is pursuing a new governance and operating structure as a not-for-profit corporation at arm's length from the Government of Saskatchewan. It is anticipated this transition will be complete by 2024. You can find more information about this change on the PEBA website.
PEBA has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, self-confident, flexible and organized individual. This Executive Coordinator position requires someone who demonstrates initiative and thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Corporate Services of PEBA, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- providing administrative support to the Director and management team of five;
- overseeing all material in and out of the branch including financial reporting and board materials;
- managing the Director's and manager's schedules;
- overseeing the file room and day to day facilities management with a staff of three;
- provide leadership for retention and archiving of physical records;
- communicating requests for action/information on behalf of the Director, and ensure submissions on a timely basis;
- support the budget development for facilities management including the lease, office supplies, and furniture;
- reviewing and processing expenses;
- recording minutes of meetings; and
- compiling briefing and/or background materials and preparing reports.
The successful candidate will be:
- very comfortable using technology to manage information and solve problems; and
- well organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks, thorough, conscientious and attentive to detail, and tactful, using discretion and professionalism when communicating with officials in government and in the Canadian pension industry.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate alignment with the values of the Saskatchewan Public Service: client service, teamwork, excellence and innovation, and respect and integrity.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities for this position would be acquired through experience in an administrative role and/or through the successful completion of an office education program.
What We Offer
PEBA offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- flexible work arrangements; and
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.