Control Systems Software Developer
Location: Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Web Site Address: www.liburdi.com
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: September 2022
Contact Email: [email protected]
Reference Number: MR11302022
Please quote the above Reference Number in the subject line of your email
Liburdi Automation is a leader in design and manufacturing of specialized welding equipment. Serving primarily aerospace and nuclear industries, Liburdi combines expertise in control technology and welding processes to develop unique solutions to challenges presented by these industries.
Our Company has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, detail oriented Software Developer to join our team. We currently have software that combines elements of closed loop and coordinated motion control, advanced process control, data acquisition, and user programmable functionality within a rich user interface. Our software runs on multiple platforms and is constantly adapted to provide custom solutions.
Typical Duties Include (but are not limited to):
· Work directly with customers to define requirements, train and support end users.
· Communicate ideas effectively with other developers during planning sessions and code reviews.
· Design, develop, test, debug and document software solutions from start to finish.
· Assist in the maintenance, support, and updating of our existing codebases.
· Debug and commission machines at our facility during the system integration stage
· Research and learn new technology and tools in software development on an ongoing basis.
Key Skill Requirements:
· Excellent results oriented planning, organization and project skills
· Self-starter with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operations
· Ability to effectively multi-task
· Ability to prioritize work effectively
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Key Education / Experience Requirements:
· Experience with Visual Studio, .NET, C#, C++, MVVM design
· Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Computer Science degree is required
· Strong mathematical background (3D geometry, linear algebra, numerical methods, algorithms) is preferred
· Experience with PLC programming is an asset
· Knowledge of OpenGL, OpenCV (Emgu) or similar libraries and toolkits is an asset
· Knowledge of Omron Delta Tau products is an asset
· Familiarity with welding processes is an asset
· Experience with robotic arms and/or gantry system is an asset
This role is full-time permanent days. Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resume (please include the reference number in the subject line) to: [email protected]
Liburdi is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person