Oatley Vigmond LLP is currently seeking a Law Clerk to join our Barrie Office.
The Law Clerk assists with a number of administrative tasks and responsibilities supporting associates and partners in personal injury cases. At Oatley Vigmond, your passion for the law, stellar admin and organizational skills, strong values, and creative thinking, will be a great fit with the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Requesting various documentation such as radiology and surveillance documents, etc.
- Accounting tasks such as cheque requisitions and docketing mail and other expenses
- Creating out of pocket expenses chart and recording all the expenses
- Retaining experts, and arranging transportation
- Creating medical briefs
- Transcribing 911 audios
- Creating documentary evidence charts
- Communicating with clients, courts and other counsel
- Scanning and serving various documents
- Reviewing OHIP summaries
- Assisting with trial preparation
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Law Clerk studies from an accredited Ontario college, completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification or equivalent education
- Minimum five year's experience in the role of Legal Assistant or Law Clerk
- Working knowledge of tort law and court processes
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity, discretion and diplomacy
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a strong command of the English language including superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Have exceptional organization and time management skills
- Will be able to adapt to multiple priorities and work under pressure
- A proactive problem solver and have excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence to Heather Wilson at [email protected]. Please include a cover letter, resume and reference letters if available.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Oatley Vigmond; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Oatley Vigmond is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.oatleyvigmond.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person