McPhadden Samac Tuovi Haté LLP is a small business in Toronto, ON. We are nimble and fast-paced.
Our work environment includes:
- Company perks
- Flexible working hours
We are a boutique litigation law firm with offices in downtown Toronto, Mississauga and Oakville. Our practice focuses on personal injury litigation, disability claims, insurance defence litigation, real estate litigation and civil litigation. We are expanding and are looking to hire a legal assistant.
- Corresponding with clients and staff of other firms in a professional manner;
- Opening files, completing client intake, and other general administrative duties as required;
- Helping the lawyers and clerks in completing and preparing retainers, accident benefits claims forms, affidavit of documents;
- Drafting, preparing, and proofreading correspondence, accounts, and various documents and forms.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow-up as required.
- Docketing lawyer's billable hours.
- Attendance and note taking at meetings, examinations for discovery and court appearances.
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate would have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Strong technical and word processing skills
- Drive to learn and improve skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person