Jack Nathan Health® is one of Canada’s largest health care networks. As a leading and innovative health care company, Jack Nathan Health® is improving access for millions of patients by co-locating physician and ancillary medical services conveniently located inside Walmart® stores. As our company continues to experience nation-wide growth, we are looking to expand our corporate team by adding a General
Accountant and Analyst to our financial division.
Within this position you will primarily be responsible for assisting in the accounting and finance operations for Jack Nathan Health. We are looking for someone with a comprehensive understanding of the financial structure of a publicly traded company, able to interpret data and forecast accordingly, and complete operational metrics tracking. We are looking for someone who is proactive, will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can multi-task while meeting internal and external deadlines.
1. FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Aid in the tracking, forecasting, and reporting of financial data.
3. Take an active role in the audit process; compile data for required reporting.
4. Track and record corporate expenses; reporting all information to payroll ensuring prompt repayment.
5. Review/complete schedules relating to: monthly clinic lease payments, physician payout journal entries which encompass revenue, physician payout,
Accounts Receivable and Current Liabilities.
6. Prepare/review monthly revenue journal entries.
7. Review and analyze accounting process for licensee and leasing line of business with an opportunity to provide input to streamline or improve efficiency.
8. Book monthly entries for leases, and loans.
9. Review monthly entries for capital asset depreciation.
10. Assist in the preparation of financial reports for Jack Nathan Health (JNH), Jack
Nathan Functional Health (JNFH), Jack Nathan Medical Inc. (JNMI), and Jack
Nathan Mexico (Mexico) such as monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
11. Ensure bank receipts are classified correctly for line of business and location in Quickbooks.
12. Co-ordinate with Finance team to ensure that all transactions are captured for each month.
13. Other duties as needed and assigned.
Assist with the reconciliation of monthly reporting, use the appropriate software
(Quickbooks, Excel, SQL) to allocate costs, monitor and enter the monthly accrual reports, track and process receivables, prepare the financial reporting for Jack Nathan
Health, balancing monthly reports across divisions for consolidation, able to track, adjust and contribute to budgetary planning and forecasting, and be a point person during internal and external audits.
- Accounting Degree, Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred
- Accounting designation preferred
- Experience working with a publicly traded company preferred
- Strong knowledge of medical + healthcare industries
- Experience with accounting software and MS Office – proficient in Excel, Quickbooks, and other cloud based programs
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills; able to prioritize in a demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail
Effective November 15, 2021, all Jack Nathan Function Health employees are required
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination occurs 14 days following the
second dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Work Location: In person