We are entering an exciting time here at Intact Public Entities. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, we want to hear from you!
Opportunity: Senior Claims Examiner
As a Senior Claims Examiner your work will have a big impact on handling a diverse range of claims, with a focus on property claims. You will be relied upon to utilize your excellent communication skills and executing best practices to provide direction for settling and managing claims. In addition, major responsibilities include:
- Development of resolution strategies by evaluating the nature of loss, liability, damage, applicable limits, and deductible where coverage has been confirmed.
- Direct legal counsel and independent adjusters on investigation and settlement of complex claims.
- Analyze expert reports and litigation documents as it relates to the facts and allegations of the claim.
- Review and analyze coverage, including the preparation of Reservation of Rights letters, coverage, and other communication.
- Identify and assess serious injury/damage losses, and risk management issues and report them in a timely manner as per applicable reporting protocols.
- Maintain detailed claim files and prepare comprehensive reports as well as concise file summaries for Management.
- Promptly update reserves, request payment, and respond to correspondence from external parties.
- Provide superior customer service by building and maintaining excellent business relationships with our key stakeholders including our Insureds, Brokers, and Underwriting colleagues.
- Attend mediations, pre-trials and other litigation milestones with counsel as necessary.
- Adhere to all internal Claims Best Practices.
- 10 + years of related experience with a strong emphasis on property handling as well as insurance litigation.
- Experience handling Catastrophic weather events would be an asset.
- CIP or equivalent experience or designation.
- Legal background would be an asset but not required.
- Excellent understanding of insurance coverage issues.
- Proven exceptional communication and time management/organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, capable of working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, analytical and priority management skills.
- Experience handling municipal claims an asset.
- Adept at working in a paperless environment.
Why choose Intact Public Entities:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued.
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future.
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives.
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!
We are proud of our past and excited about the future!
Intact Public Entities has established itself as a leader in providing specialized insurance programs to municipal, public administration, and community service organizations across Canada. We have proven industry knowledge gained through over nine decades of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, giving us the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk and advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge, and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cambridge, ON