Cygnus Design Group is a wayfinding and environmental graphic design firm with offices across Canada. We improve how people navigate environments, access important products and services, and engage with our client's spaces. Find out more about our work at www.cygnus.group.
We are looking for an intermediate designer to contribute to wayfinding and environmental graphic design projects for municipalities, hospitals, universities, museums, and real estate developments.
Open to candidates in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Victoria with at least five years of direct experience in environmental graphic design, signage production, and wayfinding planning. Applicants should include a website or pdf of their work to be considered.
- Perform site assessments, visitor needs assessments, and participate in engagement activities.
- Location planning and mapping for wayfinding programs.
- Design concepts for wayfinding and environmental graphics programs with minimal oversight.
- Develop sign elevation drawings and specifications for signage outcomes.
- Create and refine message schedules and construction packages with minimal oversight.
- Prepare, issue and present client-facing design documentation.
- Coordinate with signage production and installation vendors including review of shop drawings, attendance at site meetings, and deficiency reviews.
Ideal candidates should have:
- 5+ years of directly relevant environmental graphic design or signage and wayfinding experience.
- Degree/diploma from a recognized university or college in a design related field, such as graphic design, industrial design, or architecture.
- Excellent sense of visual and industrial design, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to set and maintain project schedules and proactively make changes where needed.
- Proficiency in Mac OS & G Suite tools.
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Competency in 3D rendering software, CAD, or Revit is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6B 2V2