MQ is an evolving company committed to improving the health and well-being of food consumers. We are dedicated to fostering proactive and valuable partnerships with our clients to create positive food experiences that are responsible, safe and memorable. To accomplish this, we have a strong diverse team of people to bring our clients an effective, user-friendly and efficient quality and food safety assurance programme. Since 1980, our business has grown to involve dozens of legacy-class international airline carriers, railway operators, regulatory organizations and world-class food providers, striving together to drive the industry to a higher standard. This is not an easy feat, but every day, we work hard to solve hard problems, educate stakeholders and make each other laugh.
The core of our business activity is managing the Quality & Safety Alliance for Inflight Services (“QSAI”) Programme, an internationally-recognized inflight catering audit programme, developed by MQ in collaboration with major Airline & Railways partners.
Through your experience at MQ, you will become an expert in the field, at the forefront of transforming the industry in the hopes for us all to care for people more.
This position is responsible for the management of MQ clients. As the responsible for MQ clients, this person must have an excellent understanding of the company’s mission and the direction and objectives set by the Chief Operating Officer. Using this information, the person will support and accomplish the company mission and meet the relevant set objectives:
· Manage the daily client-related operations of the Quality & Safety Alliance for Inflight Services (“QSAI”) Programme and ensure Inflight Catering Facilities are audited per established principles of risk and client requirements.
· Manage the daily client-related operations of the Supplier Quality Assurance (“SUPQA”) and Food Safety Quality Management (“FSQM”) Programmes and ensure food suppliers and Inflight Catering Facilities are audited per client requirements.
· Support simultaneous projects including the annual QSAI Excellence Awards, the annual QSAI Council, and the QSAI Technical Committee process, amongst others.
· Develop and implement a performance reporting structure for all new and existing clients, including analysis of client data to gain customer and industry insights.
· Prepare and lead performance management calls/meetings with client(s) on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
· Manage and prepare the Annual Audit schedule (“AAS”) that reflects MQ’s client requirements and that is the primary source of information for all scheduled Audits.
· Prepare and issue programme launch packages to all new food suppliers and Inflight Catering Facilties submitted to Client Quality Assurance Programmes (i.e. QSAI, SUPQA, FSQM etc.)
· Develop, manage & support MQ and QSAI-related marketing Initiatives including a multi-channel integrated marketing communications plan (i.e. IMC) and internal branding strategy (i.e. MQ documents, graphics etc.).
· Communicate efficiently and effectively with client(s) for all inquiries related to Client Quality Assurance Programmes and to identify any problems encountered prior to an audit, during an Audit, or post-audit.
· Support client(s) in a cooperative, friendly, diplomatic and responsive manner and apply client-driven approach when participating in improving existing services or new service development.
Education & Experience
· A minimum educational background with a University Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of business administration, management, marketing or other related field OR a University Bachelor’s Degree in the field of food sciences, microbiology, nutrition or other related field.
· Minimum three (3) to four (4) years of relevant work experience with client relations, account management, and/or other business & administrative functions.
· A University Master’s Degree or Graduate Diploma in the fields of business administration, management, marketing or other related field OR A University Master’s Degree or Graduate Diploma in the field of food sciences, microbiology, nutrition, or another related field a significant asset.
Abilities & Skills
· Excellent interpersonal and cooperative skills, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Excellent analytical skills including a proven ability to integrate complex information, analyze data, and create reports.
· Able to manage a heavy workload to meet strict deadlines and to work flexible or long hours.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English; written and oral skills in French, Spanish, Chinese, and/or another language are an asset
· Attention to detail and ability to accurately create documents, correspondence and presentations, and fulfill all other responsibilities.
· Excellent computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Overall professional, positive, enthusiastic, open-minded, pro-active, innovative, solution and goal-oriented, disciplined, respectful, morally responsible, supportive and caring approach towards their work, Medina Quality, its clients, Mission and team members.
· Available, able and prepared to travel anywhere in the world for periods varying in length.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H2Y 1L9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BSc or Msc (Microbiology, Food Science, etc) (preferred)
Work Location: In person