Rachlin & Wolfson LLP is a downtown Toronto law firm specializing in personal injury litigation. We are a leader in our field and are looking for a Legal Assistant with one to three years of experience to join our team.
- Preparing correspondence, documents, memoranda
- Serving and arranging for court documents to be filed
- Dictation transcription
- Scheduling appointments for discoveries, telephone conferences, mediations, motions, etc.
- Managing lawyer's calendar and appointments
- Entering dockets in PCLaw and running reports
- Scanning, e-mailing, filing, photocopying, faxing
- Providing reception support as needed
- One to three years of experience as a personal injury litigation legal assistant
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good typing speed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with PCLaw, Primafact, Caselines
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
At present the firm is working in the office one day per week and four days per week remotely. A successful candidate will be expected to work in the office full-time for the first two weeks for training and then follow the same one/four-day schedule as other staff.
We are centrally located in downtown Toronto, walking distance from the GO and TTC.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- legal assistant: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Application deadline: 2023-04-14