Machinist - Position offering is temporarily closed
Sunset Solar Systems Ltd. is looking for bright, energetic, talented machinists to fill positions in our production facility.
- Completion of secondary school
- Welding diploma and/or certificate from a recognized post-secondary school is preferred although a combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Experience an asset
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision, non-repetitive/repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machines metal and plastic parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, veneers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines or other specialized measuring instruments
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports when required
These positions may or may not be filled and closes once a suitable applicant (s) is/are located.
Interested individuals can apply by forwarding their resumes to [email protected]. If further information is required, send your inquiries to: [email protected]