JD Kozak & Associates is a Winnipeg CPA accounting firm providing professional services for over 45 years. Our client base is quite diverse and includes owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, professionals and individuals. We have industry experience in medical professionals, real estate, manufacturing, agriculture, construction, transportation, franchises, among others.
Our firm provides a positive, relaxed working environment making our business a desirable place to work. We encourage and nurture success both for our clients as well our employees. Our Firm has built-in efficiencies to maximize our work day which allows for a work-life balance. Our modern office space is conveniently located on McPhillips Street with ample free parking and easy access to various amenities.
We are currently requiring an experienced CPA student or recent graduate. Full time position available with excellent opportunity for advancement.
Our compensation package is competitive within the industry and includes a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching and paid professional development courses. Other benefits include corporate social events and office closure during the Christmas Holidays.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Gaining a solid understanding of clients’ businesses and industry
- Support and design the action plan for various assurance and non-assurance engagements
- Preparation of various engagements and filing of corporate tax returns
- Identifying and resolving engagement issues
- Proactively follow up with clients on outstanding matters related to the engagement
- Advise manager of any potential or unsolved matters
- Self-review of all work completed prior to manager review
- Effective communication with clients, government agencies and team members
- Managing, providing training and support to other team members on an ongoing basis
To qualify for this excellent opportunity for career advancement, candidates must have the following:
- Public practice experience (minimum 2 years), including financial statement and corporate tax preparation
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview is essential, familiarity with various accounting packages such as Quickbooks and Sage is desirable
- Familiarity of tax software such as Profile or Tax Prep is an asset
- Ability to prioritize, manage deliverables, and adhering to time budgets and constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Works effectively, independently and in a team environment
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Public Practice: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30