LOCATION: INUVIK, NT
POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME (37.5 HOURS PER WEEK)
The GTC is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in partnership with the Financial Controller, serve the Finance department, in many responsibilities, including accounts payable and receivable, as well as external partners such as vendors, clients, staff and funders. They will help with bookkeeping, financial reporting, sales tax, and audits.
1. Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data alongside other employees of the accounting department.
2. Making entries in the business system.
3. Assisting with sales tax preparation, audits, and the detection and resolution of accounting and finance issues.
4. Serving as a bridge between accounting and external stakeholders, such as clients, suppliers, and lenders, by acting as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting.
5. Ensuring that all financial records are full and correct by using business software and inserting data into corporate files or databases.
6. Assisting in the payment of vendor invoices and the collection of receivables.
7. Implementing and enforcing financial and inventory controls.
8. Maintaining knowledge of the company’s financial rules and policies, as well as those of the local and federal agencies.
9. Performs other duties that may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Accounting College degree or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration preferred, or a similar discipline is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in bookkeeping, management, or a related profession.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Aboriginal Finance Manager CAFM may be given priority.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and numeracy abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- Accounting concepts and financial reporting are all well understood.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft products and Business systems, strong typing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math skills.
A competitive salary starting at $91,800 and an additional benefits package will be offered including a northern allowance, health and dental benefits, and generous leave entitlements.
Priority Consideration will be given to enrolled Participants of the Gwich'in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this opportunity interests you, please provide your cover letter and resume to: Hatem Sadek, GTC Director of Human Resources & Corporate Services at [email protected]
No later than 5:00pm MST Friday, July 14, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $91,800.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person