Department: Corporate Services
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Date Posted: August 25, 2023
Date Closing: September 8, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours/Shifts: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $113,719.66 - $138.357.35
Flexible Working Arrangement: Yes
Working for the Town of Stouffville means being a part of a tight knit workforce, where we foster a sense of belonging. The Town is dedicated to supporting employees by offering competitive wages, opportunity to participate in OMERS pension plan, complementary gym membership and access to our employee discount program.
The Town of Stouffville is looking for a passionate, knowledgeable and supportive IT professional who is ready to develop and implement a new five-year digital IT strategy from start to finish. This will be an excellent opportunity to lead and empower a strong and highly skilled team, within a thriving municipality. Within this role, you will be an integral member of the management team who will interact directly with all levels of staff, including our Mayor and Council. If you are ready to lead the strategic direction of IT by example, while ensuring that technology related services are delivered to the organization with optimal levels of service and performance, we want to hear from you!
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, supportive of an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager, Information Technology Services is accountable for the overall strategic direction of IT within the Town as well as ensuring that technology related services are delivered to the organization with optimal levels of service and performance. In this capacity, the Manager, Information Technology Services oversees the implementation of the IT Strategic Plan and associated technology roadmaps, annual business plans and forecasts, long-term project planning, and administration of capital and operating budgets for the department.
Providing vision and leadership to a team of professionals dedicated to the design, implementation, maintenance and support of IT networking, communications, and server infrastructure along with data and business solutions that support the Town’s municipal government business operations.
- Deliver strategic and tactical guidance to senior management and business stakeholders in identifying technology opportunities for improving service delivery, efficiencies, and enabling business process improvements recognizing both short and long-term IT strategies.
- Ensuring that technology investments are managed in a fiscally sound manner that maximizes the business value they deliver to the organization.
- Oversee a portfolio of technology related projects and promote initiatives which support the reliable, effective, and efficient delivery of IT services to the organization.
- Consult with stakeholders throughout the organization to plan and develop technology solutions that support the achievement of business priorities in accordance with the Town’s IT governance framework; capture requirements, draft business cases, document project proposals, and produce estimates as part of the annual budget planning process.
- Supervise and motivate staff through professional development, coaching, and mentoring. Manage staff’s performance through regular performance evaluations, establishment of individualized training plans and setting clear expectations for staff.
- Develop and maintain a robust disaster recovery plan as part of the business continuity strategy of the organization to safeguard corporate data and minimize disruption to critical business systems during unforeseen catastrophic events.
- Prepare reports, make recommendations, present and attend Council, public and/or other meetings as required to provide advice and guidance on information technology related matters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field including at least three years of experience in an IT management role combined with a University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and ITIL Foundation certifications required; COBIT certification would be considered an asset.
- Broad knowledge of the IT field with in-depth experience in project management, solution delivery, network/systems administration, and end-user technical support.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with business stakeholders with a strong customer service orientation. Experience working with senior management preferably within a municipal setting.
- Skilled negotiator able to effectively bargain agreements with vendors and administer supplier contracts.
- Well-developed interpersonal and supervisory skills combined with demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent administrative, analytical, research, time management, problem solving and public relation skills.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver's License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
- Flexible and available to respond to after-hours emergencies and/or extended hours when required.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by September 8, 2023, at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2023-087-IE in the subject line to [email protected].
Please save your resume in PDF version and save the document in the following format: Full name, Position Title.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.