- Responsible to ensure documentation with charts are complete including but not limited to signed consents and blood work one day in advance of procedure.
- Responsible for all Pre-Procedure / verification activities including but not limited to patient admission and preparation for procedure.
- Counsels, educates, and coordinates patient discharge and documents activities within medical record
- Manages a caseload of patients in the follow up after procedures to ensure patient’s physical and emotional heath is stable. Any concerns need to be documented and provided to physician.
- Communicates physician orders and instructions.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ families.
- Assures quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards; follows physician practice and nursing division philosophies, as well as standards of care set by the state and other governing agency regulations.
- Continually reviews operating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Performs routine patient assessment as needed (height, weight, vital signs, phlebotomy, etc.).
- Assists physicians with IV insertion and all procedures performed in the operating room either in ACLS or scrub capacity.
- Assists in post anesthetic care of patients.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations ensuring crash cart medications are maintained
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions. Reports problems or malfunctions to appropriate staff member.
- Ensure uninterrupted delivery of linens and all other supplies.
- Oversees all quality assurance initiatives including but not limited to infection control and autoclaving of instruments.
- Provides appropriate documentation of patient care via ABLEMED and other forms as needed.
- Covers weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Attends meetings as assigned; communicates issues where appropriate.
- Cooperates, interfaces and works independently to assure the program goals are achieved.
Experience / Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Current RN license with CPR certification.
- Experience in women’s health and/or infertility required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.).
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently to manage a caseload of patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- This position is a shared position between our Mississauga & Oakville clinic - Candidate would be required to cover at our Oakville clinic (1 in 3 weeks). Candidate would also be required to work 2 weekends a month. Are you comfortable with this?
- Fertility: 1 year (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: In person