Our Calgary office is looking for a legal admin assistant in our securities department. Reporting directly to the Manager, Legal Support Services; this is a role where you will work with a variety of our firm’s team members and will be responsible for the general administration of securities practices. The ideal candidate is proactive, self-sufficient, and has high attention to detail and organizational skills.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
- Handle large volume of routine accounting procedures: billing, cheque deposits/requests, time entry, preparation, and submission of expense reports, following-up on accounts receivable, etc.
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software to prepare correspondence and legal documents.
- Answer the telephone, schedule appointments, book meetings, greet visitors and handle administrative and business details.
- Manage diaries of lawyers and paralegals and update electronic calendars.
- Review correspondence (including faxes and e-mail), co-ordinate the flow of information and respond to routine inquiries.
- Review and proofread outgoing documents to ensure they are correct and comply with legal procedures.
- Access and use online legal resources.
- Complete SEDAR and SEDI filings, coordinate press release dissemination, review subscription agreements, run blacklines, draft and turn documents.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, photocopying machines and computer scanning equipment.
- Preparing engagement letters for new clients and coordinating with Compliance Department with respect to opening and closing of files.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- 4+ years of experience preferably working in the corporate and securities law practice area.
- Recognized 2-year Legal Assistant Diploma.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytical and accuracy skills and problem solving with minimal supervision.
- Normal week-day office hours (35) and some ability for pre-approved overtime.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to [email protected].