Are you a well-rounded accountant / accounting technician looking for the next phase in your career? Maybe you are considering a move to Vancouver Island? If you are looking for a family-owned and operated business to contribute to as a leader in accounting and financial reporting, consider Nanaimo Honda. We value our employees as family and are looking to bringing a proficient and dynamic junior accountant/senior accounting technician onboard to enhance our accounting team.
Beyond our competitive compensation and benefits package, we provide a close-knit team environment as well as advancement opportunities.
Major responsibilities for this position include processing monthly transactions, assisting with monthly financial and operational reporting, supporting payroll and following and maintaining internal control policies and procedures. General monitoring of day-to-day accounting and inventory processes.
What You’ll Do:
· Work to ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting duties such as bookkeeping, A/R, A/P, payroll etc.;
· Prepare, analyze and present inventory and costing reports;
· Provide solutions for potential variances and discrepancies;
· Help prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and reports;
· Support month-end and year-end close process;
· Improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership;
· Follow and monitor internal controls and regulatory compliance;
· Assist with facilitating the budget process for all departments;
· Coordinate bi- annual physical inventory and review;
· Provide HR support and other administrative duties as required.
· Manage ad hoc requests as necessary;
What You’ll Bring:
· Post- secondary education in Accounting or Finance or related discipline
· Have or be seeking professional designation in Accounting (CPA) is an asset
· Experience in PBS software is an asset;
· Excellent leadership and communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail;
Apply to today! We can’t wait to meet you!
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person