Exhibiting an entrepreneurial culture, J.D. Irving, Limited have a tradition of hiring best-in-class professionals. With a Finance group of +200 employees, coupled with its diverse industry presences, J.D. Irving, Limited can offer continued growth and opportunities to the right individuals.
J.D. Irving, Limited continue to grow a progressive Accounting and Reporting function which focuses on adding value to the organization through providing meaningful, accurate, and timely reporting to our internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to, and working with the Corporate Controller, the Controller is a key senior role within JDI Finance that is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Accounting and Reporting function for the Company. As a highly competent accounting professional with depth of experience in leading teams of accounting professionals, the Controller is a progressive thinker, adept at understanding and implementing best practices, and ensuring appropriate controls are implemented and operating effectively. A skilled communicator, and motivational leader, you have depth of experience in developing high performing teams that continually find new and better ways to add incremental value to the organization. The incumbent has a demonstrated track record of success with continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Accounting and Reporting group for JDI
- In collaboration with the Corporate Controller, planning and execution of the activities necessary for the year end audits of the organization’s legal entities
- Ensuring processes and controls are in place and operating effectively to support accurate and timely financial, and management reporting to the office of the CFO, and to our internal customers
- Setting and achieving measurable goals to support increased standardization of core processes across the accounting groups
- Developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Accounting and Reporting function at JDI
- As assigned by the Corporate Controller, lead and execute specific strategic initiatives to enhance the effective and efficient operation of the Accounting and Reporting function
- Coordination of the annual budget for the Accounting and Reporting groups
- Oversight of the period close process, along with execution of enhancement initiatives related to the period close
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure accuracy and highest quality in all reporting
- Ensuring the Accounting function is carried out through best in class processes which are supported by optimized technology and systems
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the CFO or Corporate Controller
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with a Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration
- 8+ years post designation, accounting related experience
- 6+ years experience managing accounting teams and accounting and / or assurance processes.
- Senior Manager / Controller or equivalent level experience with both a public accounting firm, and within industry is considered an asset to the role
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.