Come Grow with Us! Forsite is actively looking for a GIS Analyst with experience and demonstrated aptitude in GIS analytics, resultant building, webmap tools, map creation and python scripting. It is preferred this position is based out of Edmonton, AB.
WHO WE ARE
With 10 locations throughout Canada, Forsite Consultants Ltd. is a leading provider of integrated forest land development and management services. Our staff are industry leaders in forestry technology, strategic planning, resource and land management and professional forestry. Forsite is COR safety certified in Alberta and is committed to growth, innovation and maintaining a safe and respectful working environment.
At Forsite we will excel by being a flexible, adaptable, people-oriented business that grows and profits by creating value for our customers and opportunities for our employees. We will apply our skills, knowledge and technologies to be the best forest management company. We value fostering and sustaining an environment of diversity and inclusion where everyone can reach their full potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Operating within Forsite’s Alberta business unit, the GIS Analyst will work with project teams to provide forestry GIS business knowledge and technical analysis that offers cost effective, innovative and meaningful solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum 3 years of related experience;
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS tools and integration with Python for efficiency and repeatability;
- Use of Pandas in Python for analysis and reporting;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities (analytics using math/basic statistics will be required);
- Broad understanding and implementation of land management concepts and practices;
WHO YOU ARE
- Enthusiastic with a passion for forestry;
- Professional with a friendly and courteous manner, being service and team oriented;
- A strong communicator with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the business;
- Able to work both independently under limited direct supervision as well as in a project team environment;
- Flexible with strong organizational and time management skills to with ability to work under pressure to meet targets; and
- Able to work with excellent attention to detail with work accuracy and quality.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
In addition to a challenging and rewarding work environment, Forsite provides work/life flexibility, competitive wages a solid benefits package, supported professional development and a company matched pension program.
Forsite welcomes applications from everyone and is looking for the most suitable individual with the skills and knowledge to effectively complete the duties required of the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.