The Information Technology (IT) team provides technological tools and services to Air Canada Vacations. IT works closely with all the internal teams and external partners to effectively meet and exceed internal clients’ and customer needs. Reporting to the Program Manager - PMO, Air Canada Vacations is seeking experienced Business Analysts whose responsibilities include identifying problems and opportunities within the organization and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve business goals.
This role performs a critical link between Information Technology, Operations and Business stakeholders in the assembly, development and delivery of new processes and system solutions. The Business Analyst will engage business sponsors and subject matter experts to ensure their interests are considered in the documentation and development of business requirements, business cases and information technology solutions. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to deliver overall business strategies.
In addition to strong technology, analytical and communication skills, knowledge of and experience in the Tour Operator and Airline industries are must-have traits.
- Responsible for interviewing and facilitating workshops with key stakeholders to understand and assemble business processes and related requirements;
- Ensure the efficiency of selecting/evaluating technical solutions to improve business processes;
- Construct workflow charts, dataflow diagrams and process maps; studying system capabilities writing specifications;
- Responsible for the development of information requirements to support business processes and related requirements;
- Develop and improve business processes and related methodologies;
- Create and/or validate business and technical content in the assembly of test plans and training plans;
- Responsible for facilitating and supporting business participation in the execution of test plans;
- Responsible for developing stakeholder engagement plans, reporting templates, and tools to support business operations;
- Evaluate and Select technical solutions to improve business processes;
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years experience and extensive knowledge of the travel industry, Tour Operations and Airlines;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Business Analyst role on information technology projects;
- Experience in collecting and documenting information related to operational and performance related reporting;
- Experience with internal and external technical staff to render requirements in technical solutions;
- Strong experience in evaluating systems/solutions and implementation thereof.
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy and thoroughness;
- Demonstrate judgment, professionalism and flexibility;
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, comprehension and listening skills;
- Capacity to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively;
- Very developed organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to quickly submit initiatives to problems encountered;
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively and meet deadlines;
- Experience in collecting and documenting information related to operational and performance related reporting and working with internal and external technical staff to render requirements in technical solutions;
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies and tools;
- Strong experience in evaluating systems / solutions and implementation thereof;
- Knowledge of and experience with Tour Operator information systems (Including: The Travel System (TTS) and the Softvoyage Distribution, Pacific Reservation System, Revelex Cruise engine, Amadeus Altea Passenger Service System and other airline Global Distribution Systems “GDS”);
- Experience collecting and documenting requirements for a wide range of technical solutions and the ability to apply this experience to a wide range of situations;
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast working environment.