Position Title: Health & Safety Field Manager North South West
Requisition ID: 35096
Career Group (ADSP): Administrative
Division: Human Resources (01000177)
Department: Human Resources
METRO ON-FIELD POSITION-5559 DUNDAS ST W (#A-DUNF)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Permanent
Joining our team has its advantages!
- Flexible schedule to promote work/life balance
- Telecommuting in hybrid mode
- Group insurance from the first day
- Very competitive pension plan
- Generous holiday policy
- Personal day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company vehicle provided
- Free parking
- Opportunity for professional development
- Short Term Incentive Eligibility
The Health & Safety Manager leads, promotes, and oversees the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance of a comprehensive health and safety program that aligns with the safety initiatives of Metro Ontario Inc.
This position will be supporting both Metro and Food Basics grocery retail locations and requires travel to various retail locations within Northern Ontario and Southwestern Ontario (Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara Falls).
- Provide 24 hours per day, seven days per week advisory support to Retail Store Operations.
- Provide 24 hours per day, seven days per week, emergency response support to the organization in “disaster” situations.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s strategy plan for accident prevention and claims management on an annual basis.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to generate solutions suitable for the effective and safe operation of assigned retail stores.
- Provide coaching, advice, and support, to all management, JHSCs and employees on a broad variety of health and safety activities and initiatives
- Conduct workplace Health & Safety audits.
- Direct the investigation of all “Critical” incidents and accidents as required by the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Direct the investigation of serious employee accidents to ensure similar accidents and or incidents may be prevented.
- Maintain an active working relationship, designed to improve the safety of our customers and employees.
- Communicate and educate internal customers on health and safety laws and regulations.
- Develop services or service improvement processes to improve customer service.
- Relevant post-secondary education from a recognized educational institution including an OHS certificate. A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- 5 – 7 years relevant Health and Safety experience in a unionized environment.
- Training experience, including instructional techniques in training, ability to prepare and use visual aids, session plans, training manuals and training programs.
- Ability to travel daily and as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Multi location and provincial experience.
- Holds current First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Stores and Pharmacies
- Safety and WSIB Consultants, Legal Counsel, WSPS and Worker’s Health & Safety Center
- Vendors/ Suppliers
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.