Fillmore Riley LLP is a highly regarded and accomplished full-service law firm located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg. We have an immediate opening for a Litigation Legal Assistant.
- Prepare legal documents based on instructions by lawyer and by referring to precedents, where required
- Draft correspondence
- Proofread and edit all documents for grammar, spelling and content accuracy
- Perform all administrative accounting tasks, such as file opening, conflict searches, time entry, billing, cheque requisitions, trust deposits, etc.
- Assist with general practice office management, including filing, scheduling meetings and court dates, and travel arrangements
- Conduct legal searches as directed by lawyer
- Exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Possess strong computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Complete complex assignments with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong analytical and logistical skill set
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines
- Exercise critical thinking, with attention to detail and consistently produce high-quality work
Fillmore Riley is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and identities. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
We offer a professional and collaborative work environment, a comprehensive training and orientation program, and an exceptional benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Please forward your resume stating salary expectations to:
FILLMORE RILEY LLP
1700 - 360 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3Z3
Attention: Ms. P. Kapilik
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person