PURPOSE OF THE JOB OR GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY: provides administrative services for the President, Vice-President, and Advisors as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE: Given the regulatory of the work, attention to detail is of utmost importance. The legal assistant handles extremely confidential paperwork of high importance, composes legal documents, responds to client questions, and assists in the application process.
- Administration Support
- File Management
- Calendar/Meeting Management
- Composition of Legal Documents
- Answers telephone calls and refers to the appropriate staff member or takes messages if staff member is unavailable
- Performs software troubleshooting [internet, fax, tv]
- Orders courier services and ensures that documents are sent in a timely manner
- Orders offices supplies and equipment and arranges for repairs
- Performs ongoing service work as per client requests
- Provides miscellaneous support services for other staff
- Prepares documents for Advisors as required
- Research and report writing
- Data entry
- Draft professional documents
- Provides assistance with insurance and investment applications including processing new applications, submitting to carriers and MGA; requests supplies from carriers for hard copy applications when needed
- Prepares client files as per scheduled meetings
- Enters client information into Outlook
- Scans, organizes and files documents to the secure server to store client documents in their e-file
- Assembles new client files including marketing packages
- Ensures Advisor lists are up to date
- Ensures that client packages are prepared for scheduled meetings
- Prioritize placement meetings with clients when coverage has been approved and sent to the insure WEALTH Group Inc. offices
- Takes notes for meetings as required
- Sends out invitations/appointments relating to events on behalf of the office or the President
- Contact clients to book appointments
Composition of Legal Documents:
- Drafting of professional legal documents for business owners including but not limited to HR policies, corporate agreements, letters of engagement, shareholders’ agreements, etc.
- Taking notes; meeting with clients; and corresponding with lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors to gather a complete picture of the clients’ business and compose a sound business plan
Formal Training & Education:
Certificate in Office Administration/Legal Administration or at least two years of relevant experience
Legal administrative experience in corporate law
Diploma in Business Administration
Sound understanding of corporate law is essential.
Two years' of experience working within a regulatory environment is desirable.
Prior experience working with life insurance-related paperwork is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent grammar skills and professional business English
Experience in Human Resources
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
Demonstrated proper greeting, telephone and E-mail etiquette
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Professional office attire
Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
Knowledge of insurance and benefits administration
Note: Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Wages and salaries are negotiable based on experience.
This is a general description of responsibilities and is not necessarily all-inclusive. As the Company is still growing, the legal assistant may be expected to take on additional responsibilities.
Please address your cover letter to Jason Netherton.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,503.96-$72,854.36 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person