About the Giampaolo Group:
Giampaolo Group Inc. was founded over 50 years ago in Toronto, Ontario. Since established, the organization has evolved into a multinational integrated metal corporation, with operations spanning across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Keen on environmental, social, and corporate governance, the Giampaolo Group focuses on harvesting waste within the metal ecosystem by operating within the recycling, manufacturing, and IT asset disposition space. Giampaolo Group Inc. is continuously expanding and looking for new ways to provide innovative and sustainable solutions to the recycling industry.
This role will assist the legal department and senior management to optimize EBITDA performance by offering support and timely advice to business partners in a customer centric manner that enables the organization’s priorities, projects and processes.
Key Performance Metrics:
· Knowledge of and adherence to corporate legal principals and compliance.
· Accuracy and precision in all tasks; High level of discretion in performing all job duties.
· Completion of mandated and legislated projects/tasks within required time frame.
· Internal and external customer satisfaction, as evidenced by stakeholder feedback.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
· College or university degree and/or 8+ years of experience as a Paralegal or Law Clerk.
· Preferred proven track record of advancement within the legal profession, as well as prior experience in risk management with a focus on insurance matters.
· Working knowledge of French is an asset but is not required.
Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
· Advanced computer skills using Word, Excel MS PowerPoint.
· Ability to work under pressure, while focusing on detail and precision, balance competing priorities and meeting inflexible deadlines.
· Ability to develop cross-functional relationships throughout the organization.
· Highly organized with the ability to work independently on confidential matters.
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of self-motivation.
· Desire for continuous learning and development.
· Detail oriented, flexible and creative.
· Proactively identify and anticipate business unit expectations and needs.
Key Responsibilities - General:
· Effectively manage and maintain minute books, annual filings, security registrations (PPSA) and regulatory compliance. Advise on the organization’s corporate governance requirements.
· Review/amend/negotiate and maintain active directory of non-disclosure agreements.
· Monitor/maintain corporate calendar to reflect items such as active and pending litigation, intellectual property portfolio and PPSA listings.
· Assist with drafting of governance policies and communications.
· Assist with certain commercial agreements.
· Assist in management of key privacy compliance processes and assist with responding to privacy considerations including responding to freedom of information requests.
· Create checklists, templates and other self-help tools to effectively enable business teams to independently execute tasks and projects.
· Stay current in functional expertise, including understanding the impact to the organization of changing external environmental factors (regulatory, technical, etc.).
· Embrace and seek out technology that provides innovative solutions for the organization.
· Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, cost savings, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them.
Key Responsibilities - Litigation:
· Track pleadings and filing deadlines.
· Assist with the collection and distribution of records and files for any litigation.
· Draft demand letters, respond to claim queries.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $47,820.22-$104,577.99 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON L6T 5E6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- law clerk: 6 years (required)
Work Location: In person