Kingsley Management Inc. is a fast-paced real estate development and management company with developments in Ontario and several states operating out of Kitchener. You will be responsible for the behind-the-scenes work that goes into acquiring, leasing, and financing the portfolio. In this role, you will support the owner and senior development staff in day-to-day activities and projects, following all administrative and operating procedures. Primarily, you will assist in financing and leasing as well as depositions and other legal and real estate development needs. This is a support role to the President, however it requires someone who naturally takes the lead on projects and is a strong independent worker.
This role has two main pillars. Interpersonal, leasing/legal. As such it is important the candidate is outgoing and personable, innately organized, motivated to create and meet deadlines, and well-versed in the legal aspects of real estate.
Here are some of the key responsibilities and requirements of this role:
- Connect with co-workers, service providers, municipal officials, lenders, and the real estate community.
- Follow-up with employees and external contacts regarding status of projects and outstanding matters.
- Provide the President and senior development staff with daily updates on outstanding matters and prompt any necessary action
- Produce memos, documents, reports, presentations, and briefs.
- Perform any additional duties as requested
Leasing and Legal:
- Receive and review mortgage documents and liaise with appropriate parties to complete project.
- Prepare and maintain the schedule and process for mortgage renewals
- Prepare and maintain the schedule and process for lease renewals
- Lead and push all parties involved to complete necessary steps in order to meet deadlines
- Create mini deadlines to keep the team in track
- Anticipate the needs of the company when it comes to leases and mortgages
- Review, draft, and provide comments on lease documentation.
- Prepare and review agreements of purchase and sale.
- Think critically and assess third party requests.
- Assist in legal matters as required
- Liaise with external counsel.
- Coordinate and participate in due diligence of potential acquisitions, as required.
- Legal Real Estate experience of at least 5 years.
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant or Real Estate Assistant an asset.
- Experience in preparing presentations for lenders preferred.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Must be responsive, resourceful, and professional.
- Ability to anticipate and plan a few steps ahead to ensure timelines are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proficiency in English.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- How many years experience do you have with commercial real estate transactions?
- Law Clerk: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person