We are a climate controlled Japanese Automotive Parts Manufacturer in the St. Thomas, ON region and are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and qualified IT Specialist to fulfil the roles and responsibilities for the effective operation of all IT related services and support across the organization. The IT specialist shall serve as a technical expert for the development, implementation, management and support of internal systems and networks. The IT Specialist shall evaluate current IT services and offer new and enhanced approaches through continuous improvements strategies, test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, programs and data, and provide various forms of computer-related technical support as well as spear-heading continuous improvement as it relates to efficiency of the work the company performs. The IT specialist shall also ensure the network and systems are safeguarded against cyber threats.
WHAT WE OFFER:
1. Comprehensive extended group benefits plan (Medical / Dental / Paramedical / STD / Life Insurance)
2. Matching group RRSP plan with 4% company match of gross earnings
3. Annually evaluated company bonus
4. Training and development opportunities
5. Overtime is paid at 1.5x your regular wage after 40 hours each week
6. Additional shift premiums ($0.75/hr - afternoon shift & $1.50/hr – midnight shift)
7. Climate controlled working environment
1. Responsible for the maintenance of telecommunication, web and network systems
2. Supporting all activities as it relates to desktops, laptops and servers
3. Maintenance of all licenses (including renewals and compliance)
4. Provide technical advice, assistance and support to all staff as required
5. Develop and optimize the use of social media platforms for business purposes.
6. Develop and monitor the performance, security, backup and recovery of the database
7. Maintain and update company website(s) and intranet sites. Oversee development and continued functionality.
8. Develop, review and maintain all policies and procedures as it relates to the network, data and all other IT activities.
9. Primary liaison/contact for all external IT suppliers, vendors or contractors.
10. Participate in projects that are designed to streamline and improvement internal procedures and activities.
11. Develop and provide training programs (re-occurring) to staff as it relates to any IT activities.
12. Monitor security programs and security certificates ensuring they remain relevant and company remains in compliance.
13. Ensures effective security and privacy measures are in place at all times
14. Active and ongoing research in material, news, etc. to ensure the company programs, network, and security stays up to date and relevant.
15. Responsible for the procurement, maintenance and/or refurbishment of all hardware
16. Support and manage the communication between TSI-CN employees and external suppliers and customers as it relates to resolving issues that may result in negative impact to the company.
17. Create and provide any relevant training material to staff as required.
18. Maintain a high level 4-S condition.
19. Supports continuous improvement initiatives within the facility through provision of technological support, information tracking systems, etc.
20. Providing integration, maintenance and support for ERP and/or MIS systems
21. Developing and maintaining TSI-CN social media platforms and website(s).
22. Other duties as necessary and assigned.
1. Successful completion of University and/or Community College diploma in a computer. Technology program, computer science, information technology, or a related field.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience as a System Administrator, with focus on server management and security.
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Technical Service Desk role.
4. Experience working with ERP and/or MIS systems
5. Experience with Exchange / MS Office 365 environment.
6. Experience with troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware, software, printer hardware, peripherals, and E-Mail Systems issues.
7. Experience in troubleshooting Local and Wide area networks.
8. Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
9. Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization.
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
11. Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
12. High level of integrity and work ethic.
13. Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
14. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Monday - Friday
SHIFT: Straight Day Shift
TRAVEL: Minimal travel requirements
Qualified applicants interested in joining the TAKUMI STAMPING CANADA INC. Team, are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.
Please state your SALARY expectations.
Please put in subject line of email: “IT SPECIALIST”
TAKUMI STAMPING CANADA INC. appreciates all responses but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Thomas, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Information Technology/Computer Science: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person