Job title:- Application Support Analyst
Duration:- 12 Months
Location:- Montreal, QC
The Global Markets IT APS Credit Application Support US team provides services directly to the Credit business, with a focus on New York and the Americas region. It also forms part of a global support team that together offer follow-the-sun support with major operational hubs in London, New York, Tokyo and Singapore.
The team’s key focus is to provide production support, resolve issues respond to user enquiries and align processes and procedures with the global support teams to ensure service agreements are met. The team is responsible for the support of trading systems covering the following key business areas:
- eTrading (ION Trading)
- Client Clearing
- Deal Capture systems.
The team has established high levels of production support to the Credit business and strives to improve continually.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of three in Montreal, with another six colleagues based in New York, the Americas main trading floor.
Day-to-day Responsibilities as Support Analyst:
- The role is to provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to the Fixed Income Credit Trading desk in NYK and LATAM region
- The role will require the management of all aspects of the Global Credit systems for Fixed Income IT, working closely with all the support and development teams across the regions to continue to build a market leading support organization for FI IT
- The team is responsible for monitoring the system availability, proactively preventing system problems, and responding to system incidents when they occur. They are also responsible for problem analysis, managing system change and ensuring minimal impact to the end users
- Ensure root cause analysis is undertaken for all incidents
- Communicating the status of the system. Providing ETAs for solutions when necessary
- Improving the monitoring and support systems by doing scripts to automate the support and writing specification for monitoring and support team that will be transferred to the development
- Regularly review and improve the checks done by the team (morning, checks and evening checks)
- Coordinate the package build of third party application, and test it
- Review the releases, which are planned and perform the post release checks
- Participate to the UAT phase of major deliveries
- Write and maintain documentation.
- Work in partnership with the global teams and coordinate/plan/support the work as necessary
- Work closely with the trading desk to understand requirements and either implement tactical solution or raise to business mgmt. + dev where appropriate.
- IT Technical Support understanding Functional aspects of Credit trading (bonds, CDS and Index).
- Must be a high calibre graduate with ability to solve complex problems under pressure.
- Experience in Fixed Income Application Support, with business knowledge of Credit or Rates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- ITIL – Knowledge and processes implemented.
- Analytical and able to solve complex problems
- An excellent written and spoken communicator
- Expected to multi-task and to be able to prioritise work
- The candidate must have drive, enthusiasm and be committed
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to use own initiative
- They also need to be a strong team player
- It is essential that the candidate be able to deliver results quickly and under pressure
- Good time management and co-ordination skills are essential
- Able to drive the team forward with innovation and is proactive at improving the current procedures and processes
- Knowledge of large well/known RDBM’s such as Oracle or/and Sybase
- Strong Excel & VBA
- Experience working with ION MarketView, SQL and UNIX desirable.
- English fluent, French a plus