Accounts Payable/Receivable Associate | Bedford, Nova Scotia
INNOVASEA | Aquatic Solutions Built for Life
Innovasea designs the world’s most technologically advanced aquatic solutions for fish tracking and fish farming – and builds them to withstand the toughest conditions. We partner with customers to fully understand their needs and solve their most pressing challenges. It’s all driven by a commitment to make our ocean and freshwater ecosystems sustainable for future generations. Today. Tomorrow. For life.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a full-time, permanent Accounts Payable/Receivable Associate to join the Transactions Accounting team. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Transactions Accounting.
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Associate will ensure the efficient processing and maintenance of accounts payable/receivable transactions for our North American operations, including the timely processing and distribution of invoices, maintaining accurate records while sustaining positive customer and supplier relationships. They will also support our global A/R & A/P teams, with non-North American accounts as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Match purchase orders and receiving documents with supplier invoices while communicating discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ensure invoices have been approved by appropriate personnel
- Process invoices in SYSPRO while following up on discrepancies
- Maintain digital filing system of financial records for efficient retrieval
- Support the reconciliation of supplier deposits
- Field supplier inquiries
- Credit card reconciliation
- Support internal cost tracking
- Assist with preparing weekly forecast of cash disbursement requirements
- Support the distribution of customer invoices as needed
- Support collection efforts as needed
- General ledger account reconciliation
- Support departmental requests for financial information
- Assisting with annual audit
- Special projects as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications with working knowledge of Excel/Word
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision while under pressure of deadlines and provide high degree of accuracy
- Must be a team player with the ability to interact effectively with all employee levels in a positive, cooperative and productive manner
- Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with ERP systems and related technologies (ideally SYSPRO)
- Experience working with Adaptive Insights
Manufacturing and/or SaaS KPI’s implementation
Benefits of the Job
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Pension plan
- Hybrid schedule option available
Fueled by leading-edge technology and a passion for research and development, Innovasea is revolutionizing aquaculture and advancing the science of fish tracking to make our oceans and freshwater ecosystems sustainable for future generations. With 275 employees worldwide, we provide full end-to-end solutions for fish farming and aquatic species research – including quality equipment that’s efficient and built to last, expert consulting services, and innovative platforms and products that deliver unrivaled data, information and insights.
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
No phone calls, no unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.
Innovasea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.