TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
AutoTrader is currently recruiting for a Corporate Lawyer. This role will be responsible for supporting and guiding matters related to high volume commercial transactions on sophisticated deals and alliances. This leader will be a key member with responsibility for directing activities and negotiating our must important commercial transactions in support of our business goals and objectives.
What You will Do:
- Negotiating and advising on legal matters across the commercial transaction landscape.
- Providing legal counsel to ensure closing commercial deals each quarter.
- Closely align with the leaders to ensure the scaling of our teams, processes and systems as required by the growth of business and customer needs.
- Contribute to the legal strategy,for new product offerings and to legal strategy and approach for alliance initiatives, as required.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide counsel and guidance on legal matters and risk
- Advise on legal issues as they relate to funds, identify and help to mitigate legal and commercial risks for the business, including risks associated with the introduction of new products and services and/or expansion into new regions and territories.
- Develop, design, and conduct ongoing commercial legal training and awareness activities.
- Develop and maintain contracting templates and playbooks for all commercial matters
What You Bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience gained in-house or and/or at a leading law firm
- Qualified to practice Law in associated state/ province and a member of good standing of the Law Society
- Excellent corporate and commercial legal skills, including the ability to negotiate contracts and focus on details while understanding larger corporate goals
- Strong business acumen and judgment, including the ability to set priorities, align plans and work effectively with multiple stakeholders to develop practical solutions for a broad range of legal and business problems
- Experience in partnering with and supporting a fast-paced sales or business development organization to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously in such an environment to help drive deals to close
- Ability to help identify and mitigate risk in connection with new products and services
- Knowledge in technology related commercial transactions, professional services, sales, SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions is considered an asset
- Ability to adapt legal requirements in balanced, creative and pragmatic ways
- Proven experience with commercial contracts lifecycle management, procurement operations and driving automation and other efficiencies in the commercial space
What’s in it for you…
- We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
- We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
- In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
- Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching