Location: OK Tire Group of Companies
Reports to: Ruth Gallant, Controller
Location: Head office in Burnside
SUMMARY OF OVERALL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Responsible for functions and preparation of reports and transactions. Payroll, payables, receivables, HST, and cheque runs. Reviews and processes for payments, invoices, statements, vouchers and other check requests including credit card and expense transactions. Handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries. Assists with special projects, reports or reconciliations as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· OK Tire Group of Companies
o Maintains and processes daily bank reconciliations and manage daily bank accounts.
o Reconcile suppler account statements monthly
o Prepare bank deposits and liaises with bank as necessary to resolve issues or questions.
o Reports on cash flow on an as required basis no less then monthly. Maintains and supervises recording of vendor calls for payments and anticipated customer receipts.
o Bi weekly Payroll
o Monthly HST and source deductions
o Prepares, posts, reconciles and credit card statements ensuring proper authorization is obtained.
o Trouble shoots issues pertaining to Accounts Payable invoicing including researching issues and processing of invoices.
o Processes and posts intercompany invoices/transactions.
o Communicate with store managers for employee hours for payroll.
o Assists or produces special reports as needed by management. Assists with account reconciliations (vendor, customer, GL, intercompany) as requested.
o Manages receivables.
o Maintains vendor filing system. Files appropriately all related documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
o Communicate with CRA
o May set up Vendors/and or change Vendor information as needed.
· Multiple Holding Companies
o Ensure rent cheques are deposited every month. Bank reconciliations
o HST monthly
o Check daily balance
o Prepare year end for accountant
o Simply accounting experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of office practices, specifically standard accounts payable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to develop effective work methods within guidelines of departmental and company procedures and policies.
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with company information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of simply accounting.
The chosen candidate will report to the controller.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sage: 2 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person