Medbill is a Durable Medical Equipment billing company based in the US. We are seeking a full-time remote Software Development Manager to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely and be a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for programming, designing, enhancing, testing and maintaining Medbill’s windows and web applications, as well as managing and training Software Engineers, Software Developers, Site Reliability Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts.
Responsibilities for the Software Development Manager
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain state-of-the-art technology applications, utilizing technologies such as C#, .NET, C, Python, and web services.
- Analyze business requirements, and architect scalable solutions that can be broken into smaller, achievable tasks.
- Gather and translate internal and external client requirements into technical design specifications and business process re-engineering.
- Train and supervise the work of Software Engineers, Software Developers, Site Reliability Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts and develop team procedures and best practice standards.
- Coordinate Continuous integration activities, test automations frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Work to build culture and mentor the development team instilling best practices and delivering high-quality work on schedule.
- Responsible for the Competence, Chemistry and Contributions of the Software Development team and QA team members.
- Help define the Software Development Lifecycle processes for the team members from development, testing and deployment
- Direct Software Test Plans creation and Test Plan progress reporting
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop development team metrics reports and data analytics dashboard using ADO or similar tools for team productivity goals and accomplishments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing & Information Systems/Computer Science, or another related field
- Experience with different coding languages such as React, C#, .NET, C, and Python.
- Experience with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Working experience with the development of software applications:
- Minimum of 2 year working experience with the development of software applications, and 2 year working experience at Medbill or DME industry with proven leadership qualities and abilities. Or
- Minimum of 4 years working experience with the development of software applications with proven leadership qualities and experience.
- Able to successfully interview, hire, and train new team members.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excel at multi-tasking and time management.
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new ideas.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- software application development: 4 years (required)
- Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL: 2 years (required)
- coding languages such as React, C# and .NET: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person