Connect strives to do family law differently. We believe that exceptional legal services extend beyond expertise to include a thoughtful, forward-thinking approach to human relationships. Our commitment to community and connection informs our work with clients and colleagues alike. To learn more about us and how we are revitalizing the practice of family law, click here https://www.connectfamilylaw.ca/.
Our goal is to empower our clients to successfully navigate the challenges that come with family transitions. Direct and transparent in our communications, we enable our clients to make grounded, intentional decisions about the things that matter. We embody these values in our own workplace as well, empowering our team members to create a work-life that fits with their interests as well as within Connect’s broader philosophy and vision.
We are currently seeking a receptionist/administrative assistant to join our Kelowna team. This position carries with it the opportunity to perform high-quality work in a dynamic environment and to grow alongside Connect as our business continues to expand.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has:
· A high level of proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Good judgment, strong analytical and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail
· The ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent client service skills
The responsibilities for this role include:
· Vetting incoming calls from prospective clients, responding to general inquiries, and scheduling client appointments
· Client relations and customer service
· Opening and closing client files and maintaining current filing system
· Handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, couriers, phone calls and e-mails
· Assisting with ordering and maintaining updates for the office library
· Assembling, copying and binding court materials
· Scanning, photocopying, filing, collating and/or organizing documents as needed
· General IT troubleshooting for staff and lawyers
· Perform basic kitchen-related duties (dishwasher, purchase food and beverages)
· Correspond with property management regarding day to day issues, e.g. facilities maintenance
· Provide support for In-house seminars – guest lists, food, book boardroom, set up / take down
· Provide general administrative support, e.g. arrange lunch meetings, research suppliers / service providers
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person