McKercher LLP is one of Saskatchewan's top ranked law firms and we are now recruiting a professional to fill a full-time Solicitor legal assistant position in our Saskatoon office.
The McKercher team is built on friendships and values including integrity, excellence leadership and collaboration. We believe in family first. New members to our Firm are supported by both long-term and new employees who work together as a team to support our clients and each other.
We are looking for an individual who is detailed oriented, confident and self-motivated and who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment and has a proven track record supporting a solicitor.
The right candidate will work as part of a team, as well as independently to ensure the work is completed. If you are someone who can solve a problem, multi-task, prioritize, organize and expedite workflow; coupled with the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment, we want to speak with you!
We will train the right candidate, but preference will be given to those who have 5 or more years experience supporting a solicitor. Please submit an application if you have experience and understanding of:
- 5 years' working in a legal assistant capacity, supporting a Solicitor
- Manage lawyer's calendar, bookings and hard deadlines
- Manage time entries, client billings and payments
- Respond to client inquiries over the phone or through email
- Draft and edit emails, letters, agreements, leases, and other complex legal documents
- Prepare estate planning documents
- Transcribe dictation
- Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite package including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with Saskatchewan Corporate Registry, Land Titles and Personal Property Registry
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and a rewarding work environment where you will feel welcomed and be part of a dynamic team.
Background and Reference Checks:
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verification. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail listed on the McKercher LLP Careers Page of their website. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a Canadian citizen, or PR, or otherwise authorized to work in Canada, please explain.
- legal assistant: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person